Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wisdom in Worship

This class helped me reevaluate many areas of my philosophy of worship. Gospel Worship helped me refocus on the seriousness of personal preparation in worship, not only that but it caused me to this about the seriousness of worship itself. It should never be taken lightly, nor should we ever settle for mediocrity in it. Give Praise to God and Why Can't Johnny Sing Hymns helped me think through a strong Biblically based/historically informed worship philosophy. Not to mention, it also helped me think through the practical outworking of my worship philosophy. I feel like everything that I have studied in this class has consistently pointed me back to wisdom. There is nothing inherently sinful about worship that is shallow, but it is missing out on it's full potential to fully praise and honor God. Wisdom must be applied to know how to accurately infuse good theological depth to singing in a way that fits the context that you are in. That is my biggest takeaway from the class and a lesson that I plan on implementing in all my worship leading from this point forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment