Monday, December 12, 2011

Dr. Burroughs

Jeremiah Burrough is my newest hero in the faith. He brought to light how important and distinct worship should be. I've always brought to God what was left over from the week. Burrough causes me to see myself as I really am in God's eyes. He also shows who God really is and who he should be to the believer and to the unbeliever. The overall theme stood out very clear to me. The name of God must be sanctified. If I am to worship God with my life and actions, in the way he wishes to be worshiped, then I must heed the teaching of this man. He is, as Doc said, a physician of the human soul. He understands how wicked the human heart truly is. He thoroughly explains what the cure is for this sin sickness. His teaching always point to the Christ (the greatest physician of the soul). The last thing I appreciate about Burroughs is his brilliant illustrations. The illustration of the spaniel-human thoughts is an illustration that has stuck with me since I read it. My mind is my battleground. The illustration holds all the more value to me. Burroughs has impacted me and my approach to worship in the most positive way I've experienced so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment