Friday, December 9, 2011

Essay

The book I enjoyed reading the most was "Give Praise to God" because it had points that forced me to think through my own thought processes when it comes to worship. I want to write about my last blog because that was a turning point for me in my thinking about worship. I read about it in"Give Praise to God" in chapter 15. I actually did not understand the point Godfrey was trying to communicate until it was explained in class. The main point is that worshiping in response to emotions is not wrong as long as that emotion is a result of a thelogically correct doctrine from God's Word. Sometimes when I sing worship songs I feel a strong emotional response, and I would restrain it because I felt that it was wrong. Now I see that if it is in response to a truth from God's Word there is nothing wrong with that. In the future when I worship in a congregation, participate in being part of a worship band, or any time I am worshiping God I want to play and sing music that gives praise to God because it is theologically correct and enables God's people to worship Him in a right spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment