Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Heart in Tune

This course has altered the way I perceive worship and I how I am to come to it. In Jeremiah Burroughs book, Gospel Worship, I was particularly hit by the importance of preparing for worship. I wish to have a heart so set on spiritual matters that at any given moment I could fall on my knees and render appropriate homage to God. It shakes me to think that at times I have placed myself in situations and circumstances where I know I was unfit for prayer. Worse yet, I was ignorant to the fact that my faculties were so unsuitable. I now consciously examine myself to make certain I am in tune with God. Places where I have previously struggled to remain prepared to come before God in prayer, I now recognize as places God has not given me the liberty to be in. I strive to be vigilant over the state of my heart so that at any specific instance I am ready and able to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment